Alte Jakobstraße 124–128 10969 Berlin (Kreuzberg)
The Berlinische Galerie is one of the youngest museums in the capital and has been collecting art created in Berlin from 1870 to the present day – with a local focus and international aspirations at the same time. Founded in 1975 as a private association, the Landesmuseum opened its own building in a generously converted industrial hall with 4,600 square metres of exhibition space in 2004 in the vicinity of the Jewish Museum. Visual arts – painting, graphics, sculpture, multimedia – photography, architecture and artist archives form a pool from which exciting dialogues emerge through interdisciplinary entanglements. Outstanding areas of the collection are Dada Berlin, the New Objectivity and the Eastern European Avant-garde. The art of divided Berlin and the reunited metropolis is another focal point.